Pesto Pizza with Buffalo Mozzarella and Arugula
- Prep Time 1:00
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $15.00
- 23 Comments
Whenever I have something weighing on my mind, I find it very helpful to do one of two things: knead (and beat and punch and smack and roll) dough and talk it out with a good friend. On Monday night I got to do both at the same time. I felt better and I got a delicious pizza out of the process. Win.
- flour for dusting and rolling Pantry
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough $1.50 for the whole recipe
- 1/2 recipe Fresh Pesto $8.50 for the whole recipe
- 8 oz. fresh (buffalo) mozzarella, cut into medallions $3.50
- 4 cups fresh arugula $1.50
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 3-4
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly flour a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Roll pizza dough on a floured surface into a 12" circle (or oblong shape or rectangle--whatever you like). Transfer to floured baking sheet/pizza pan.
- Spread pesto over dough, leaving a 1" border. Top pesto with mozzarella medallions, evenly spaced apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown and cheese bubbles.
- While pizza bakes, dress the arugula with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cooked pizza into wedges, but leave in the shape of a pizza. Top with the dressed arugula. Serve immediately.