Louisiana Hot Links with Mustard Slaw
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 2 Comments
My dad really is the greatest. He taught me how to drive, how to throw a football and how to do my taxes. At the Giants-Padres game on Tuesday, he introduced me to the joys of the combination of a Louisiana hot link (a spicy reddish beef sausage popular at AT&T Park and, I presume, in Louisiana) garlic fries and beer. The Giants lost, but I didn’t really mind—I was quite happy with my dinner and company.
Be sure to serve these with BrokeAss garlic fries.
- 2 Louisiana hot links $4
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced $1
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise Pantry
- 1 tbsp. grainy mustard $3 for 8 oz.
- 1 very small bunch cilantro, chopped $1
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped $0.50
- 2 Dutch Crunch rolls, split lengthwise $1.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill sausages for 3-5 minutes on each side or until plump with visible grill marks.
- While sausages cook, whisk mayonnaise and mustard together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with cabbage and cilantro. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a sausage in a roll and top generously with the mustard slaw and chopped onions. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Ryan, on Apr 9, 01:23 PM, wrote:
Hi, where can you buy the hot links outside of the ballpark? We really want to make this tonight for the home opener, it looks delicious!
slot deposit pulsa, on Aug 6, 09:08 PM, wrote:
Oh wow mustard slaw