- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $8.00
- 3 Comments
Pork and kale are married in this simple yet impressive take on the gyoza. Tofu replaces the pork easily for vegetarians, as does ground chicken or even chopped shrimp. Be sure you have a frying pan with a fitted lid.
- 1/2 lb lean ground pork, preferably grass-fed $3
- 6 large kale leaves, stems removed $1.50
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed Pantry
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled $1
- 1 small bunch cilantro, including stems $1
- 2 tbsp soy sauce plus more for dipping Pantry
- 30 round potsticker wrappers $1.50
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided Pantry
- Combine kale, garlic, ginger, cilantro and soy sauce in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned, 3-4 minutes. Add kale mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the gyoza, place a potsticker wrapper on a clean, dry surface. Brush the edges lightly with water and place about 1 1/2 tbsps of filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold in half and press the edges to seal completely. Place on a clean plate. Repeat until all wrappers and filling are used up.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the gyoza in the hot pan until they are lightly golden brown and crisp on the bottom.
- Pour 2 tbsp water over the whole pan and quickly cover the pan with its fitted lid. Allow the gyoza to steam for about 1 minute. Remove lid (keeping heat on) and let the excess liquid evaporate for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with soy sauce, chili sauce or rice vinegar.
Makes 30 gyoza.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Aaron, on Jul 17, 02:59 PM, wrote:
this was good stuff. I added some rice vinegar and el cheapo mirin to the filling for some tang, and had great results.
slot deposit pulsa, on Aug 6, 09:09 PM, wrote:
Yummy pork gyoza!!
easyessay, on Aug 3, 02:22 AM, wrote:
Well, thank you for bringing the amazing recipes on your forum these are quite delicious and easy to make at the same time. The people who really need the best quality recipes can get them here. Thumbs up and do share upcoming recipes updates with us.