Baby Beets with Pistachio-Mint Pesto
- Prep Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $7.50
- 3 Comments
This unique and very flavorful vegan salad is made extra-simple when prepared using Trader Joes’ packaged baby beets highly recommended is serving it with a dollop of creamy Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup unsalted toasted pistachios $2
- 2/3 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 clove garlic, smashed Pantry
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- juice of 1/2 lemon $0.50 for a whole lemon
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 12 baby beets, steamed and peeled (or use 2 packages of Trader Joes' steamed, peeled baby beets), sliced into wedges $4
Recipe Serves 4
- Combine pistachios, mint and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Stream in olive oil and lemon juice and continue pulsing until a chunky paste forms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pesto in the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Add the beets and toss well (this may take some time as the pesto is quite thick).
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
baccaratsite, on Aug 22, 08:23 PM, wrote:
Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. baccaratsiteHopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.
AlyceRyan, on Nov 5, 12:15 AM, wrote:
Beets are a powerhouse of nutrition, packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can help prevent heart disease. This recipe combines them with pistachios for a delicious treat. Go to basement wall braces atlanta for best services. This recipe is super easy and delicious! Plus, it’s super healthy since there are no added oils or butter in the recipe. You can find baby beets at your local farmers market or local grocery store.
Deejay, on Dec 11, 10:33 PM, wrote:
Baby Beets with Pistachio-Mint Pesto was a great choice for today’s recipe. The beets were sweet and tender and the pesto sauce added a bold flavor to the whole dish. Try this it consulting parkersburg for best reviews. The other day I tried it for the first time, and it was delicious! It’s a great way to use baby beets in addition to regular ones. You can make it with or without nuts (or both) depending on your preference.