- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:25
- Estimated Cost $3.50
- 40 Comments
OK, don’t freak out, but this is amazing. And i mean uhhh—maayyy-ziiing.
It’s not an everyday bacon (if there is such a thing as an “everyday bacon”), but once in awhile, crumbled atop a fancy salad, wedged into some mashed sweet potatoes or even chopped and served over bourbon vanilla ice cream, it’s magical.
It’s also addictive, so if you’re going to bother anyway, you might want to make a double-batch.
- 1 12-oz package thick-cut bacon (preferably uncured) $3.50
- light brown sugar Pantry
Recipe Serves 4-6
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut bacon slices in half, short-wise. Arrange, with a bit of space between them, on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each piece of bacon evenly with about 1 tsp brown sugar.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until bacon is golden-brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving (this will help solidify the caramelized sugars).