White Peach-Ginger Ice Cream
- Prep Time 2:00
- Cook Time 0:07
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 23 Comments
Fresh white peaches. Ginger. Vanilla. Sugar. Half-and-half. Eggs. Salt.
This is what BrokeAss Gourmet is all about: good, unfussy, fresh food that is prepared well. I’d write more but I’m still having a foodgasm. Just make it.
- 3 large white peaches, peeled, pitted and diced $2
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated $0.50
- 2 cups half-and-half $1.50
- 2 tbsp vanilla $4 for 4 oz.
- 3 egg yolks $1.50 for 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar Pantry
- pinch of salt Pantry
- In a food processor or blender, puree peaches until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, salt and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until very thick (6-7 minutes).
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, adding pureed peaches when custard has cooled down. Freeze until hard enough to scoop.
Makes about 3 cups ice cream.