Chorizo Taco Truck Tacos
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:03
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 5 Comments
They say life imitates art, and, in my opinion, tacos are one of the highest art forms in the world. Those of us who reside in the Bay Area take our taco trucks very seriously. These magical lunch vehicles, which bring delicious and wildly inexpensive Mexican food to the masses, are held in the highest regard around here. If you’ve never been, round up some hungry friends and GO!
Until then though, make this close second.
- 16 3" corn tortillas (aka "taquito tortillas") $1.50 for 60
- 10 oz. chorizo, casing removed (if it has any) $1.50
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely $0.50
- 1 small bunch cilantro, diced finely $1
- 4 tbsp crumbled cotija cheese $2 for 16 oz.
- 1 avocado, diced $1.50
- 4 tbsp Mexican crema $1.50 for 15 oz.
Recipe Serves 4
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally to break up clumps, for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas gently in a dry frying pan or in the microwave.
- To assemble tacos, place a spoonful of the cooked chorizo on each tortilla. Top with onion, cilantro, cotija, avocado and crema. Serve immediately.