- Prep Time 0:30
- Cook Time 0:08
- Estimated Cost $10.50
- 8 Comments
Anyone can grill chicken, but you’ll wow your friends and impress their mothers if you whip up this uber-easy variation on grilled chicken. Yogurt works overtime to leave the chicken tenders unbelievably tender, while the other ingredients in the marinade give the chicken unforgettable flavor. Serve as an appetizer or an entree.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders $6
- 1 cup plain yogurt (any fat percentage is fine but I prefer whole milk yogurt for this recipe) $2
- 1 clove garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 small piece ginger, minced $0.50
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped finely $1
- 2 tbsp soy sauce Pantry
- oil for brushing grill or grill pan Pantry
- 8-10 bamboo skewers $1
- Place skewers in a bowl or pan filled with water. Soak for 10-15 minutes. Remove from water and pat dry.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, cilantro and soy sauce in a large bowl. Stir to incorporate. Add chicken tenders, cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Remove chicken tenders from marinade and gently push one chicken tender each skewer as pictured.
- Heat grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush lightly with oil. Grill skewers, working in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Serve with peanut sauce.