Basic Peanut Sauce
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:00
- Estimated Cost $7.00
- 21 Comments
This is one of those crazy-good, lick-the-bowl sauces. Everyone will beg you for the recipe. You, like me, will be the queen (or king) of the potluck when you serve this with spring rolls, dumplings or even sweet potato fries.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter Pantry
- 6 oz. coconut milk $1 for a 6 oz. can
- 1 small bunch cilantro, cleaned, stems intact $1
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed Pantry
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and chopped roughly $0.50
- 2 tbsp soy sauce Pantry
- juice of one lime $0.50
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar $2 for 10 oz.
- 1-2 tsp(s) Asian chili sauce $2 for 8 oz.
- 1 1/2 tbsps honey or brown sugar Pantry
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Adjust spiciness to taste by adding more or less chili sauce. If the sauce is too thick and needs to be thinned out, add a little hot water. To make into peanut salad dressing, increase the rice vinegar to 1/8 cup.
Makes about 3/4 cup peanut sauce.