Passover Lace Cookies
- Estimated Cost $15.50
- 18 Comments
This recipe is so good that it ruins any other passover baked goods for you. This is truly the best!! This is adapted from Judy Zeidlerʼs The Gourmet Jewish Cook.
- 1 cup matzoh farfel $3
- 1 Tbsp. matzoh cake meal $3
- 1 cup sugar Pantry
- ¼ tsp. salt Pantry
- ¼ lb. unsalted margarine, melted $1
- 1 egg $1.50 for 6
- 1tsp. vanilla extract or 1 Tbsp. orange juice $3
- ½ cup ground almonds $1
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (melted) $3
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine farfel, cake meal, sugar, salt and mix well. Pour the melted margarine over the farfel mixture and blend until the sugar dissolves. Add the egg and vanilla or orange juice and mix well. Stir in the almonds. Chill for 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and drop by ½ teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart(they spread).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Sandwich 2 cookies with a dab of melted chocolate and set aside until chocolate hardens before storing.