Mini Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $9.00
- 32 Comments
I recently realized that I have been telling people for years that cinnamon rolls can easily be made out of pizza dough, but that I’ve never actually done a recipe for these easy treats. So when my brother’s girlfriend Holly (who is basically responsible for BrokeAss’ web traffic from the entire state of Texas) asked me for a cinnamon roll recipe (along with a very long list of other recipes that I will slowly but surely get to—I promise), I was happy to oblige.
As for these cinnamon rolls’ “mini” status, I find normal-sized cinnamon rolls to be a little overwhelming, so I make mine little. If your guests are bigger eaters they can just take more.
- cooking spray or vegetable oil for greasing pan Pantry
- flour for rolling Pantry
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough $1.50 for a whole recipe
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature $1 for a stick
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted price listed above
- 2 tsp cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1/2 cup sugar Pantry
- 1/2 cup powdered (confectioner's) sugar $1 for 16 oz.
- 1 tsp vanilla $4 for 4 oz.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix cinnamon and regular sugar in a bowl. Combine well.
- On a floured surface, roll pizza dough into a 14" x 10" rectangle. Use a spatula to spread 4 tbsp of the soft butter over the dough, making sure the entire thing is covered.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the butter, making sure all is covered. Start at the bottom of the dough and roll the longest way from the bottom to the top, pinching to seal until you have an 10" cylinder.
- Cut the cylinder into 10 1" pieces and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cinnamon rolls for 12-15 minutes or until outsides are golden brown and butter-cinnamon mixture begins to lightly bubble. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsp water until creamy. Add a bit more powdered sugar if needed to achieve a smooth glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.
Makes 10 cinnamon rolls.