Hearty Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $10.00
- 11 Comments
Quinoa is by far one of the healthiest grains available and this easy preparation is one of my favorite ways to eat it. When I know that I’ll have a busy week, I make a big batch on Sunday night and eat it all week.
Hint: Remember to buy your quinoa, raisins and pine nuts in bulk!
- 2 cups dry quinoa $2
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts $2
- 1/2 cup raisins $2
- 1 apple, cored and diced $0.50
- 1 6" cooked sausage link, any kind, diced $2
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped $1
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- juice of one lemon $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to lower temperature.
- Toss together cooked, cooled quinoa, pine nuts, raisins, sausage, apple, parsley, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Stir gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.