Fresh Hummus with Pita Chips
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 4 Comments
You haven’t tasted hummus until you’ve made it yourself. It will blow your store-bought junk out of the water. Freshly baked pita chips make it even better.
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans $1
- 1 small bunch parsley $1
- 2 tbsp tahini $4 for 12 oz.
- juice of 1 lemon $0.50
- 4 cloves garlic Pantry
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 6 regular round pitas $3
- 1 tsp paprika $1.50 for 1 oz.
- Combine the garbanzo beans, parsley, tahini, lemon, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the pita chips, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the pitas into wedges (I like to try to get 8 wedges out of each pita). Spread evenly on a baking sheet and brush with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake for 6-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle lightly with salt and the paprika. Serve with the hummus.