Eggplant-Tomato Stacks with Goat Cheese and Leeks
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 1 Comment
This is one of those warm-weather dishes that is so perfect in its simple flavors that it needs little more than a dash of salt. Serve the stacks as a starter or a vegetarian entree.
- 1 regular or 2 small eggplant(s), sliced into 1/2"-thick rounds $1.50
- 2 large red slicer tomatoes, sliced into 1/2"-thick rounds $1.50
- 2 oz. soft goat cheese $4
- 1 leek, sliced, $1
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes $1.50 for 1 oz.
- salt Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat the olive oil in a grill pan over high heat. Grill the eggplant slices for 4-5 minutes on each side or until grill-marks form and the eggplant's flesh softens (this can also be done over a gas/charcoal grill) Sprinkle slices lightly with salt.
- In the same pan, cook the leek slices for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- To assemble the stacks, layer in this order: eggplant, goat cheese, tomato, goat cheese, eggplant, goat cheese, tomato, leeks. Garnish with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.