- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:45
- Estimated Cost $15.00
- 4 Comments
This is a nice change from a traditional red sauce lasagna. Creamy yet light ricotta blends with the basil and garlic to form sort of a nouveau pesto. Be sure to use plenty of salt so the flavor of the basil really shines.
- 1 16-oz package wonton wrappers or no-boil lasagna noodles $2
- 2 cups packed basil leaves $1
- olive oil Pantry
- 4 cloves garlic Pantry
- 1 15-oz container ricotta cheese $3
- 2 uncooked Italian sausage links (regular or veggie), chopped $5
- 1 medium white onion, chopped $1
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese $2
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a large rectangular pan with a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine ricotta, basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
- Saute the onions over medium heat until light brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon a little of the ricotta sauce into the bottom of the pan. top with an even layer of noodles. Spoon on more sauce and half of the spinach. Top with noodles, another layer of sauce and the onions and sausage. Top with noodles, more sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Top with noodles, sauce and the remaining spinach. Top with one more layer of noodles, the remaining sauce and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for the remaining 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.