Damn, That's Kosher: Mousse Au Chocolat
- Prep Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $13.50
- 28 Comments
For dessert, if you really want to impress someone, this parve chocolate mousse should definitely be in your repertoire of tried and true recipes. It can stand alone, or for a dairy meal, be topped with a dollop of whipped
cream. This recipe is from Craig Claiborne in the New York Times Cook Book, 1961.
- 1/2 cup (6 oz.) of Parve semi-sweet Chocolate chips $2
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp boiling water
- 2 large eggs, separated $1.50 for 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp rum or other liqueur $10 for 750 ml
Recipe Serves 2
- Put chocolate chips in a processor or blender, and chop finely. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add boiling water and process for 15 seconds. Add the egg yolks and rum or other liqueur and blend until smooth.
- With a standing or portable mixer, whip egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold the chocolate mixture gently, but thoroughly into the egg whites. Spoon into 2 dessert dishes.