- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 7 Comments
We love how this colorful pasta dish is indulgent yet relatively light. As a bonus, you can cook everything in the same pot, which means less time spent doing dishes and more time enjoying your dinner. For a protein boost, add sliced grilled chicken breast over the top.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets $0.75
- 1/2 lb penne pasta $2
- 2 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 1 cup frozen green peas $1.50
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped $0.75
- 2/3 cup half-and-half $1.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped $1
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese $4 for 12 oz
- Cook pasta according to directions in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, watching carefully to avoid burning. Add broccoli and red pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add pasta and peas and stir gently to coat well with the olive oil in the pan. Add the half-and-half and stir as it thickens into a sauce. Season well with salt and pepper, stir in Parmesan and basil. Serve hot.