Baba Ghanoush Burgers
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $8.50
- 9 Comments
Beautiful eggplants and fresh parsley I picked up on a recent visit to my neighborhood’s new farmers market inspired these delicious pita pockets. Add some fresh yogurt cheese for an extra-special treat.
- 2 pitas, cut in half to form 4 pita pockets $2
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained and smashed well with a fork $1
- juice and zest of one lemon $0.50
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped $1
- 1 cup eggplant, very finely chopped (1 small eggplant or 1/2 regular eggplant $1
- 1/2 white onion $0.50
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1/8 cup Greek yogurt plus extra for garnish $1.50
- 2 cups fresh spinach $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 2 tbsp olive oil Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- In a medium bowl combine smashed garbanzos, lemon juice, eggplant, onion, garlic, yogurt and most of the parsley (reserve a pinch for garnish).
- Mix well to incorporate and season well with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side. They may be a little flaky but don't worry--they'll still be delicious.
- Fill each pita pocket with spinach, a patty, a little Greek yogurt, a pinch of lemon zest and some fresh parsley.