Peanut Butter-Corn Flake Treats
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $5.00
- 5 Comments
In the spirit of waste-not-want-not, I decided to use up the aging corn flakes that were sitting in my pantry.
I’m not a huge fan of corn flakes in general (though I do like them with bourbon in ice cream), but these easy rice crispy treat stand-ins are addictive (and vegan too!).
Note: if you have other cereal in your pantry, feel free to use it in place. These would be delicious with granola, raisin bran, or even Cap’n Crunch.
- vegetable oil or cooking spray for greasing pan Pantry
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut $2 for 12 oz.
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar Pantry
- 1/2 cup honey Pantry
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy) Pantry
- 4 cups corn flakes $3 for a 12-oz. box
Recipe Serves 6-8
- Lightly grease a 8x8 square pan. Set aside.
- Toast coconut in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, stir together brown sugar, honey, peanut butter and 2 tbsp water until peanut butter melts and mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn flakes and toasted coconut until completely mixed.
- Use wet hands to carefully pack warm cornflake mixture into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool for 30-60 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Tightwad, on Jul 20, 07:56 PM, wrote:
Yum! sounds good! Would be good with choco drizzle on too!
Greg, on Aug 15, 10:41 AM, wrote:
This looks excellent. Awesome site, great idea…
Charissa, on Feb 18, 09:08 AM, wrote:
Thank you so much for the AWESOME recipe! I took a double recipe to my Young Adult group at church last night and everybody raved over them… I had a few left so I took them to work today and so far they’re a hit here too. I plan to make them many more times.
They’re so easy and DELICIOUS!
Prostitutas Moreno, on Nov 10, 04:00 AM, wrote:
¡mmm! ¡suena genial! ¡Sería genial con chocolate espolvoreado también! Gran receta.
Mumbai escort, on Jan 21, 05:42 AM, wrote: