Pea Soup with Scallions, Parmesan and Basil
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $10.00
- 12 Comments
This velvety, fresh soup is my passive-aggressive way of clinging steadfastly to summer (yes, I realize it’s October). Fresh basil and peas are a perfect combination, simultaneously perking one another up, while nutty Parmesan gives a depth of flavor that makes you remember this soup.
This soup also inspired me to add a new category that has been requested by several of my readers: low-carb. While I’m the last person you’ll find advocating a strictly low-carb diet, I do know that limiting starchy, refined carbohydrates has its benefits. This recipe has about 8 net carbs per serving.
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen green peas $1.50
- 1 15 oz. can vegetable stock $1
- 6 scallions, chopped, ends removed, plus more for garnish $1
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter $1.50 for a stick
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped $1
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish $4 for 12 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Combine green peas, stock, scallions, butter, basil and Parmesan in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Stir until the butter melts. Bring to a light boil and then reduce heat to medium. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until peas are soft.
- Remove from heat and puree using a food processor, blender or immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If serving chilled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until cold. If serving hot, serve immediately, garnishing individual bowls with Parmesan and scallions.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Paul, on Oct 8, 06:02 PM, wrote:
This soup was so creamy, light and flavorful! Not to mention, easy to make. I highly recommend it!
Dari, on Nov 1, 08:29 PM, wrote:
so delicious! i made this soup for my husband and me and served it with whole wheat biscuits. it was mild and mouthwatering at the same time! i added a sprinkle of cayenne with the scallion garnish which added a perfect zing to each bite. thanks B.A.G!
slot deposit pulsa, on Aug 6, 09:35 PM, wrote:
peak soup w scallions parmesan
slotsite, on Aug 2, 12:57 AM, wrote:
It’s too bad to check your article late. I wonder what it would be if we met a little faster. I want to exchange a little more, but please visit my site and leave a message!!
Dramacool, on Aug 5, 03:21 PM, wrote:
Our Yahoo customer services are outstanding and simple and it makes work better. Users can connect with specialists to attain the finest services and solution.<br><br><a href=“http://dramacool.vg/” rel=“nofollow”>Dramacool</a>
Massage Therapy in Brampton, on Dec 5, 05:45 AM, wrote:
New Hope Physio a Massage Therapy in Brampton. We provide complete relief from sports injuries, stress, anxiety and more.
All World Day, on Dec 5, 01:19 PM, wrote:
Important Days of January 2023 : At All world Day, we have given the list of National and International Days of January 2023.
sportstotozone.com, on Dec 11, 01:33 AM, wrote:
This is the perfect website for anyone who really wants to understand this topic<a href=“https://www.sportstotozone.com/” “_blank” title=“토토사이트”>토토사이트</a>
casinositeking.com, on Dec 11, 01:37 AM, wrote:
Wow, awesome blog layout!<a href=“https://www.casinositeking.com” “_blank” title=“카지노사이트킹”>카지노사이트킹</a>
Physiotherapist Brampton, on Dec 14, 11:16 AM, wrote:
Finding Best Physiotherapy Clinic in Brampton, On (905) 846-4000. So New Hope Physiotherapy Brampton offers Expert physiotherapist and massage therapy with reasonable prices. Book Appointment Today!
Escorts Maduras Moreno, on Jan 25, 02:37 AM, wrote:
¡Esta sopa se volvió tan cremosa, suave y sabrosa! Sin mencionar, limpio para hacer. ¡Lo apoyo fantásticamente!
coreball, on Apr 26, 01:57 AM, wrote:
I can’t even. This soup and the accompanying whole wheat biscuits were a hit with my husband and I. It was subtle while yet making your mouth thirst. Each mouthful was given the appropriate amount of heat thanks to the cayenne pepper I sprinkled on top of the onion garnish. Thank you very much, B.A.G.