Grain-Free Honey Granola
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:22
- Estimated Cost $12.50
- 5 Comments
This granola isn’t cheap, but it is quite filling, so a little bit goes a long way. Plus, it’s soooo good—equally so for breakfast with almond milk as it is sprinkled over ice cream for dessert.
Since several different types of nuts, seeds and dried fruit are called for, head to your grocer’s bulk section to buy only the amounts called for (which, by the way, is a great money-saving rule to abide by in general—why buy a 24-oz. bag of expensive cashews if you only need 1/2 cup for your recipe?).
- 1/2 cup honey (agave or maple syrup would also work) Pantry
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter (or use coconut oil) $1.50 for a stick
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz
- 1/2 tsp salt Pantry
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas) $1.50
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds $2
- 1/2 cup raw cashews $2
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds $1.50
- 1/2 cup pitted dried apricots, chopped (any other dried, pitted and chopped fruit would also work) $2.50
Recipe Serves 3-4
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bakng sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the honey and the butter (or coconut oil) over medium heat until completely combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir the nuts and seeds into the warm mixture in the pot and continue stirring until it is all evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, stirring occasionally. The granola should be golden-brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool completely, then break apart and toss with the dried fruit.
- Granola will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Alice, on May 12, 04:25 PM, wrote:
This is such a great idea. I substituted sunflower kernels for the pepitas and peanuts for the almonds (I forgot the exact ingredients while I was in the grocery store). As a protein fanatic myself, this is great for a snack as well as a healthy alternative for my children’s lunchbox “treat”! Thank you Gabi.
온카지노사이트인포, on Feb 16, 09:52 PM, wrote:
this website carries remarkable and truly excellent information in favor of visitors. <a href=“https://www.oncasinosite.info” target=”_blank” title=“온카지노사이트인포”>온카지노사이트인포</a>
KEONHACAI, on Jul 15, 12:37 AM, wrote:
I’m writing on this topic these days, KEONHACAI , but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts.
totosite, on Aug 22, 08:22 PM, wrote:
I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! totosite
Deejay, on Nov 4, 11:39 PM, wrote:
Grain-Free Honey Granola is a healthy snack that you can enjoy on the go. It’s also very versatile, and can be used as a topping for smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, or any other breakfast or lunch dish. Try this Home Gym Equipment For Kids for best ideas. This granola is made with a blend of natural sweeteners (honey, coconut sugar and dates), which adds sweetness without any added sugar. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and contains no nuts or seeds.