Butter Bean Pizza
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:14
- 26 Comments
I don’t spend nearly enough time extolling the virtues of pizza dough as a way to turn leftovers into a brand new meal. So, when I had an unexpected guest stop by around lunchtime recently, I was relieved to find a ball of pizza dough (a mainstay of my refrigerator), some leftover Butter Beans with Roasted Tomatoes and a bit of mozzarella cheese. Within minutes, I had a pizza in the oven. I threw together a salad, opened a bottle of wine and treated my friend to a fresh impromptu lunch.
- flour for pan and for rolling Pantry
- 1/2 recipe Butter Beans with Roasted Tomatoes 8.50 for a whole recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese $3 for 8 oz.
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough $1.50
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan price included in cost of butter beans
- handful fresh parsley, chopped price included in cost of butter beans
Total Cost of Ingredients $13
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Lightly flour a baking sheet or pizza pan and set aside.
Drain the butter beans of extra juice and stir bean mixture together with the shredded mozzarella. Set aside.
Roll the dough out into a 10” circle and transfer to the prepared pan.
Spread bean-cheese mixture over the dough, leaving a 1” border for the crust.
Top with the shredded Parmesan and the parsley.
Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown and cheese is bubbly.
Cut into wedges and serve.