Bangkok-Style Deviled Eggs
- Prep Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $5.50
- 13 Comments
Today, I decided to devil some of my favorite Southeast Asian flavors...
Deviling hard-boiled eggs are such a fantastic canvas for flavors. Want truffles and white pepper? Devil it up, baby! Red peppers and olive oil? You devil, you! Even whimsical green eggs and ham can be made palatable by way of the deviled egg (eating them in a box with a fox is, of course, totally optional).
So today, I decided to devil some of my favorite Southeast Asian flavors--spicy chili sauce, fresh cilantro, perky garlic and sliced scallions. The result was a fun, totally unique appetizer, unlike any deviled egg I've ever had before.
I went the simple route of spooning the egg mixture into the whites, but feel free to get a little fancier with a pastry bag.
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled, cooled and peeled (Need help with this? Click here.) $1.50
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise Pantry
- juice and zest of 1 lime $0.50
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce Pantry
- freshly-ground black pepper Pantry
- 1 tsp (or more to taste) Asian chili sauce (like Sriracha or sambal) $1.50 for 8 oz.
- 2 scallions, sliced, divided (reserve a few slices for garnish) $1 for a bunch
- 1 clove garlic, smashed Pantry
- additional optional garnishes: julienned carrot (the pre-shredded kind is great to use here), julienned cucumber, thin slices of mint, ground, toasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds (white or black), thin slices of jalapeño
Recipe Serves 6
- Slice the cooled, peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and gently pop the yolks into a food processor or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the zest and any optional garnishes you choose to use).
- Blend until smooth.
- To fill the empty egg white halves, either use a spoon to carefully fill each one, or scrape the yolk mixture into a plastic baggie (or pastry bag), snip a 1/2" hole at the bottom, and pipe the mixture decoratively into each egg white.
- Serve topped delicately with scallions and more chili sauce, plus any of the optional toppings, if you are so inclined.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Heather Wetzel, on Nov 15, 09:18 AM, wrote:
These are making me want to run out to the market to get the ingredients i’m missing. Also wack myself in the head for not think’n of such a great combination
shane, on Nov 26, 05:18 AM, wrote:
ooohhh… that looks good.
Penny Stock Tips, on Dec 5, 07:10 PM, wrote:
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. Thanks for sharing.
Penny Stock Tips, on Dec 6, 12:36 AM, wrote:
good post, i certainly love this site, keep on it
intraday trading tips, on Dec 6, 01:09 AM, wrote:
This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information from this site
Stock Tips, on Dec 11, 08:05 PM, wrote:
I’ve read in a very long time. The amount of information here is beautiful, like you practically wrote the book on the subject.
commodity tips, on Feb 28, 11:23 PM, wrote:
i agri your information
BourseIndia, on May 28, 04:14 AM, wrote:
It is truly a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Nifty Future tips, on Nov 24, 12:27 AM, wrote:
I love to eat new food vrites and you can call me foodholic and really tasty and new dish i got know by your blog. keep posting
Internship in indore, on May 24, 09:10 AM, wrote:
Amazing and fruitful information about Internship available on our website, might you will like it and it will benefit you and us. once you visit, please https://www.raletta.in/blog/internship-in-indore/
pradeep, on Jun 3, 01:51 AM, wrote:
The blog has very nice information and amazing facts to read. Thanks for sharing this post! You can also check our blog https://www.raletta.in/blog/internship-in-indore/
Sanskar Jaiswal, on Jul 18, 01:49 AM, wrote:
Thanks for sharing such information. This is really helpful for me. You can also visit our blog
<a href=“https://sauvewomen.com/fashion-write-for-us/”>Fashion Blog</a>
ice hockey ID providers,, on Feb 28, 10:28 PM, wrote:
Get ice hockey ID providers and make money online __.