- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:35
- Estimated Cost $17.00
- 8 Comments
Reuben met me at BiRite last night, armed with wine from his recent trip to Kokomo Winery and an excellent sense of kitchen adventure. We picked up ingredients, cooked and then feasted on this chicken dish, Mango Slaw, Peanut Butter-Corn Flake Treats, and Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream with Salted Peanuts from BiRite Creamery.
By the way, over dinner, he told me about the soon-to-be-opened (this Thursday from 4-8 PM, to be exact) Mission Community Market, the Mission’s first farmer’s market! My excitement is beyond. See you there.
- 2 cups plain yogurt (low-fat or whole milk) $2
- 1 small piece ginger, minced (about 1 tbsp) $0.50
- 5 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- 1 tsp curry powder $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1/2 tsp cumin $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce $2 for 8 oz.
- 2 tsp (or more to taste) Asian chili sauce or Sriracha $2 for 12 oz.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce Pantry
- juice and zest of 1 lime $0.50
- 4 large pieces chicken (breasts, legs, etc), skin-on $6
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves, chopped $1
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin, hoisin, Asian chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice and zest. Stir well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Place chicken in a zip-lock bag and cover with yogurt mixture. Press air out of bag and seal. Move bag around to ensure chicken is fully coated. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour contents of bag into a baking dish. Use tongs or a fork to spread chicken out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is fully-cooked but still juicy, and skin is lightly browned in spots.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.