Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $14.00
- 6 Comments
This sandwich is my favorite way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers, but you don’t have to have them to make this—just head to your butcher counter for cooked turkey breast.
If you aren’t a cranberry relish fan, try red pepper relish as a tasty alternative.
- 4 oz. thickly sliced cooked turkey breast $3
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds $0.50
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and sliced into 1/4"-thick rounds $0.50
- 2 oz. goat cheese (chèvre) $3 for 4 oz.
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves $0.50
- 4 tbsp. cranberry relish (store-bought or homemade) $3 for 14 oz.
- 4 thick slices of sturdy wheat bread $3 for a loaf
- 1 tsp olive oil Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Toast bread lightly. While bread toasts, head the olive oil in a grill pan or frying pan over high heat. Add the orange slices and onion rounds and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until medium color develops and the oranges and onions become quite fragrant. Remove from heat.
- To assemble sandwich, divide the goat cheese evenly between two pieces of bread and spread to coat. Spread the other two pieces with the cranberry relish. Place half of the turkey, spinach, orange slices and onions on top of 1 slice of goat cheese-covered bread. Top with a slice of cranberry relish-covered bread and secure with a toothpick. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Plate sandwiches and serve.