Tuna Tartare Tower
- Prep Time 0:25
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 8 Comments
This easy, healthy appetizer will shock you with how quickly it comes together. Make sure to use the freshest tuna available (I happened upon a great sale at my grocery store, but you may have to pay a few dollars more for the good stuff), and a ripe-but-not-too-soft avocado for the right consistency.
- 1/2 lb sashimi grade yellow-fin tuna, chopped into small pieces $6
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped finely $0.50
- 1 avocado, diced $1.50
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon $0.50
- 1 very small bunch fresh mint, minced $1
- 1 very small piece ginger, minced $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4"-thick slices, on the bias $1
Recipe Serves 2
- Combine all ingredients except cucumber in a mixing bowl until well-incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into a short drinking glass or cylinder mold. Press down gently to pack. Place, open end down, in the center of a plate and gently slide up to remove glass or mold, leaving a tower. Arrange cucumber slices around the tower and use to scoop up the tartare.