Stuffed Shells with Fresh Marinara Sauce
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $13.00
- 2 Comments
This dish is so delicious and perfect in its simplicity. All you need is fresh ricotta and Parmesan, quality pasta, some ripe, flavorful Roma tomatoes, garlic and basil. If the ingredients are great, you’ll find that it’s nearly impossible to screw this one up.
- 8 large pasta shells $2
- 1 cup ricotta $4
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan $3
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped $1
- 6 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped $3
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-4
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook shells in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour half of the tomato mixture onto the bottom of an 8" square pan or pie dish. Reserve the remaining half.
- Combine ricotta and Parmesan in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Carefully stuff 3-4 tbsp of the cheese mixture into each shell. set the shells, open end up, in the tomato mixture in the pan. Cover with the remaining tomato mixture and more basil if desired.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.