Spaghetti with Green Olive Tapenade, Spinach, Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $16.00
- 7 Comments
This pasta comes together in mere minutes, thanks to the spicy green olive tapenade. I discovered this delicious ingredient earlier today when I stopped by The Olive Press in Sonoma to browse the incredible gourmet olive oils and olive-related products sold there. This dish is the very essence of BrokeAss Gourmet: easy and unfussy yet sophisticated and delicious.
Note: be sure to buy your pine nuts in the bulk section for the best deal!
- 3 tbsp green olive tapenade $7 for 7 oz.
- 1 lb spaghetti $2 for 1 lb
- 2 cups spinach, chopped $0.50
- 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese $4 for 8 oz.
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes $1.50 for 1 oz
- 2 tbsp pine nuts $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions in salted boiling water. Drain and return to pot.
- While spaghetti cooks, toast pine nuts in a small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Toss hot pasta with tapenade, spinach, goat cheese, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.