Shrimp with Spicy Pesto and Mango Relish
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:05
- Estimated Cost $11.75
- 0 Comments
I lose my appetite when it gets hot. I go about my day, soaking up the sunshine and sipping iced coffee and then, before I know it, it’s 4 PM and I’m starving and way too weak and overheated to turn the oven on.
Enter this easy, fresh and light dinner. Ready in 20 minutes, healthy and full of great flavors and textures. Serve it with rice or noodles if you want but it’s lovely on its own.
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1/2 green jalapeño, seeded and chopped $0.25
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed Pantry
- juice of 2 lime, divided $1
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1/2 lb peeled, de-veined medium shrimp $5
- 1 tbsp soy sauce Pantry
- 1/2 mango, diced $1
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced $0.50
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced $1
Recipe Serves 2
- Combine cilantro, parsley, mint, jalapeño, garlic, juice of 1 lime and 2 tbsp olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp with soy sauce. Toss to coat.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until just pink and firm. Remove from heat.
- Toss shrimp with pesto mixture and transfer to serving platter or individual plates.
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, cucumber, red bell pepper, remaining lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well-combined.
- Top shrimp with mango mixture.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.