Salmon with Lemon-Scallion Pesto
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $16.00
- 3 Comments
This dish was actually inspired by Kasey Fleisher’s Roasted Salmon with Pesto. It was my turn to host my book club and I knew I wanted to serve fish. I pored over her awesome site, eating/sf until I found this delicious salmon recipe. I tinkered with the pesto, adding fresh scallions, lemon zest and lemon juice and omitting the pine nuts and roasted the salmon with the pesto baked on, to mellow the garlic’s flavor. I served it over a bed of risotto with seared wax beans on the side.
- 2 4-oz fillets salmon $7
- about 10 basil leaves $2
- 6 scallions $2
- 6 garlic cloves Pantry
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese $4
- 1/4 cup olive oil Pantry
- juice and zest of one large lemon (set aside 2 slices) $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except salmon and puree until a thick pesto forms.
- Lay the fillets on a baking sheet or in a glass baking dish. Cover completely with a thick layer of the pesto and a slice of lemon and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked to desired done-ness.