- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $8.00
- 6 Comments
Were there ever two flavors more complementary than bacon and rosemary? This easy scramble would be perfect on Christmas morning…or any other morning for that matter. The spinach keeps it from being overwhelmingly rich, but the bacon and cheddar do plenty to make it very satisfying. Potatoes and toast would be a nice but totally unnecessary accompaniment.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten $1.50
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon $1
- 1 small red onion, chopped $0.50
- 1 packed cup fresh spinach $1
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, removed from stem $1
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese $3 for 12 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Fry bacon on both sides in a large, dry frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp, 2-3 minutes. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Discard half of the remaining bacon fat, keeping the other half in the pan. Reduce heat to medium and add onions. Cook onions for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add spinach and rosemary and cook 1-2 minutes, or until spinach begins to break down. Add eggs and scramble, stirring occasionally, until eggs set. Crumble cooked bacon into eggs and gently stir. Season with salt and pepper taste. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over contents of pan and stir to melt.
- Serve immediately.