- Prep Time 0:45
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $9.50
- 10 Comments
It’s too cold to barbeque at my house, but this sticky-sweet recipe helps satisfy my cravings for BBQ chicken. Plus, it’s classier and prettier-looking. I served it with orange-coconut sweet potatoes and a green salad.
- 6 assorted pieces chicken, with skin $5
- 1/2 cup Pom 100% pomegranate juice $2
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 1/8 cup honey Pantry
- 2 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- toasted sesame seeds $1.50 for 1 oz.
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir until honey and sugar dissolves.
- Place chicken pieces in a large zip-lock bag. Carefully pour marinade over them, press air out of bag and seal. Move bag around to ensure marinade disperses. Refrigerate bag for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and place in a large glass baking dish, spacing chicken evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is tender but fully-cooked.
- While chicken cooks, carefully pour remaining marinade from bag into a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil (to kill bacteria), then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes until marinade is thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and carefully fish out thyme stems.
- Once chicken has finished baking, brush glaze over each piece. Sprinkle generously with toasted sesame seeds and serve.