Red Curry with Sweet Potatoes and Tofu
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $8.50
- 6 Comments
I’ve had Thai curry on the brain after an epic visit to Marnee Thai earlier this week. Soft tofu and curry-soaked vegetables swimming in creamy coconut milk…ohhhh yeah. Fortunately it’s about as easy to cook as making a stir-fry. It’s nice over rice, but I like it on its own as well.
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste. I like this kind $2 for 4 oz.
- 1 15-oz. can coconut milk $1
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce Pantry
- freshly ground pepper to taste Pantry
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed and cut into 1' pieces $1
- 8 oz. firm tofu, cut into 1" cubes $1 for 14 oz.
- 1/2 red onion, quartered $0.50
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped Pantry
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets $0.50
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks $1.25
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into rounds (remove seeds if you don’t like spicy) $0.25
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped $1 for a bunch
Recipe Serves 2-3
- In a medium frying pan, whisk together the curry paste to taste (be careful, as it can be spicy in large amounts) and coconut milk. Add brown sugar to taste, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir well.
- Bring heat to medium and add sweet potatoes. Cook, covered for 5 minutes. Add tofu, onion, garlic and broccoli florets. Stir gently to incorporate. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes yield easily to a fork.
- Serve over rice if desired, garnished with jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Garrett deRosset, on Oct 14, 05:42 PM, wrote:
It was over a year ago when I sent you a message requesting a curry recipe. sniffle I knew you wouldn’t forget. O God (crying) I’m so happy!
Seamus, on Oct 25, 03:37 PM, wrote:
This was gorgeous – made it with chicken as I’m not a fan of tofu and it came out lovely. Thanks for the recipe.
Jessica , on Oct 10, 03:14 PM, wrote:
I made this dish a few months back; delicious and very easy! The recipe inspired me to make green curry and other dishes, based off this recipe. Who knew curry was so easy to make! Thanks, Gaby ;)
Ponoka Homes For Sale, on Nov 2, 06:51 AM, wrote:
Thank you for sharing good ideas to all your readers and continue inspiring us! This is worth it to read for everyone.
Real Estate, on Dec 2, 12:34 PM, wrote:
We are very thankful for all your ideas and for sharing them to all your readers. Keep it up and we will continue to support your web posts.
https://www.roulettesite.top, on Apr 9, 06:57 PM, wrote:
it will be easy.. keep sharing your ideas dear! i like it so much!