Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Cream
- Prep Time 2:00
- Cook Time 0:07
- Estimated Cost $7.50
- 5 Comments
My usual partner in ice cream-making crime is off frolicking through Iceland right now, so this was my first attempt at making ice cream on my own. The resulting confection was so soul-shakingly, lip-smackingly scrumptious (not to mention cheap!) that I could hardly believe it was real.
Michael is going to be so proud. Maybe he’ll bring me back a Bjork CD or something.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter Pantry
- 2 cups half-and-half $1.50
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Pantry
- 2 tsp vanilla $4 for 4 oz.
- pinch salt Pantry
- 2 egg yolks $1.50 for 6 eggs
- 1 banana, cut into 1/2" chunks $0.50
- Whisk peanut butter, half-and-half, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat until very thick (6-7 minutes).
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. While ice cream is still soft, gently fold in banana chunks. Freeze until hard enough to scoop.
Makes about 3 cups ice cream.