Peachy Summer Gazpacho
- Prep Time 0:20
- Estimated Cost $10.25
- 11 Comments
This easy cold soup is practically an ode to summer in a bowl. Fresh peaches, ripe tomatoes, crisp corn kernels, cool mint…memories of this perfect soup will keep you warm when the sun goes away (if you live in San Francisco, this could very well be tomorrow…). Serve it as the start to a meal or eat a bowl of it for lunch, as I’m doing right now.
- 5 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into chunks $4
- 4 peaches (3 peeled and diced, 1 with skin intact, diced) $3
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 1 ear corn, shucked $0.50
- 1/2 red onion, diced very finely $0.50
- 1 green jalapeño, seeded and diced finely $0.25
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped $1 for a bunch
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 4
- Puree tomatoes, peeled peaches, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- Add corn, onion, jalapeño, mint, chives, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.