Peach-Feta Flatbread with Balsamic Onions and Fresh Basil
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $7
- 8 Comments
Things I Had in my Refrigerator: 1/2 batch pizza dough, a small carton of French goat’s milk feta, 1 ripe peach and a handful fresh basil.
Hence, this recipe.
- extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly $0.50 for a whole onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- flour for rolling dough and dusting pan Pantry
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough $1.50
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese $3.50 for 12 oz.
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced into thin wedges $0.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- fresh basil, torn $1 for a bunch
Recipe Serves 2
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F and lightly flour a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Add the onions and allow to caramelize for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions have caramelized, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over them, stir to absorb, and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll dough out into a 10" circle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush (or clean hands) to generously cover dough with olive oil. Scatter the feta evenly atop the oiled dough.
- Arrange the peach slices and onions on top of the feta. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until dough is golden-brown and peach slices and feta have a bit of color.
- Top with the freshly-torn basil, cut into wedges and serve.