Parsley-Ginger Pesto Pasta with Marcona Almonds
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- 5 Comments
This wildly simple, vegan pasta dish is delicious hot, though I love it cold, especially on a picnic. The Marcona almonds give the pesto a wonderfully creamy texture without a touch of dairy.
Toss it with whatever veggies you have around (shredded carrots and zucchinis work well), or serve it plain. This dish also works well with cilantro or mint in place of the parsley.
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta or spaghetti $1.50 for 14 oz.
- 1 cup (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 small (1”) piece ginger, peeled and chopped $0.50
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed Pantry
- 1/8 cup roasted Marcona almonds $3.50 for 8 oz.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $6.50
Cook pasta according to package directions in salted, boiling water. Drain.
In a food processor or blender, puree parsley, ginger, garlic, almonds and olive oil until a smooth paste is formed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss pesto with cooked pasta. Add more salt and/or pepper to taste if necessary.