Mexican Breakfast Sausage Patties
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:10
- 8 Comments
Once you try making your own breakfast sausage patties, you’ll never go back to the preservative-laden commercial variety. I happened to have ingredients for Mexican sausages on hand, but feel free to get creative. The only requirements are ground pork (or turkey), garlic, onion, salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- 1 lb ground pork $2
- 1 green jalapeño, diced finely $0.25
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Pantry
- 1/2 small onion, minced $0.50
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped finely $1 for a bunch
- 1 tsp ground cumin $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper Pantry
- 2 tbsp brown sugar Pantry
- 1 tbsp olive, vegetable or canola oil for frying Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $5.25
Combine all ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine well and form into 2” sausage patties.
Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat and, working in batches, cook sausages for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.