Louisiana Hot Links with Mustard Slaw
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 5 Comments
My dad really is the greatest. He taught me how to drive, how to throw a football and how to do my taxes. At the Giants-Padres game on Tuesday, he introduced me to the joys of the combination of a Louisiana hot link (a spicy reddish beef sausage popular at AT&T Park and, I presume, in Louisiana) garlic fries and beer. The Giants lost, but I didn’t really mind—I was quite happy with my dinner and company.
Be sure to serve these with BrokeAss garlic fries.
- 2 Louisiana hot links $4
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced $1
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise Pantry
- 1 tbsp. grainy mustard $3 for 8 oz.
- 1 very small bunch cilantro, chopped $1
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped $0.50
- 2 Dutch Crunch rolls, split lengthwise $1.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill sausages for 3-5 minutes on each side or until plump with visible grill marks.
- While sausages cook, whisk mayonnaise and mustard together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with cabbage and cilantro. Set aside.
- To assemble, place a sausage in a roll and top generously with the mustard slaw and chopped onions. Repeat with remaining ingredients.