Lentil Burgers with Paprika Aioli
- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:08
- Estimated Cost $13.00
- 15 Comments
This easy appetizer or vegetarian main course tastes so meaty, even the most die-hard carnivore will enjoy it. Garlicky aioli makes it even more special. If you don’t have time to make fresh aioli, substitute good mayonnaise for the oil and egg yolk.
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed $1.50
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped $0.50
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped $1
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped $1
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs $1.50 for 16 oz.
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more for garnish $4 for 10 oz.
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk $1.50 for 6
- 3/4 cup olive oil plus more for frying Pantry
- 2 cloves garlic Pantry
- juice of 1/2 lemon $0.50 for 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp paprika $1.50 for 1 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-3
- In a blender or food processor, mince garlic. Add 1 egg yolk and combine lightly. Slowly stream in half olive oil until it begins to thicken, then add lemon juice. Slowly stream in remainder of olive oil until mixture resembles a thin mayonnaise. Scrape into a bowl and stir in salt, pepper and paprika. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the burgers, combine lentils, onion, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, whole egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix gently to incorporate.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Form mixture into 4-6 patties. Fry patties until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook on other side.
- Serve garnished with additional Parmesan and aioli.