- Prep Time 0:20
- Cook Time 0:15
- Estimated Cost $15.00
- 7 Comments
We have a massive crush on Food Network chef Dave Lieberman (OK, I have a crush on him. Adam just likes his food.) But seriously, Lieberman is smart, funny, and HOT. Oh, and also, he is totally BrokeAss-friendly! He specializes in food that is tasty and fancy-looking—but inexpensive and made from ingredients that are easy to procure. The following recipe is adapted from a recipe from his cookbook Dave’s Dinners that is perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Serve it with a light Zonnin Prosecco from Trader Joe’s.
- ½ pound linguine $3
- 2 egg yolks $3 for ½ dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream $2 for a ¼ pint
- 3 garlic cloves, minced Pantry
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (reserve a little zest for garnish) $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1/4 cup ground whole almonds-- reserve a little for garnish $4
- 1 small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely $2
Recipe Serves 2
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine according to directions. Drain pasta.
- Combine the egg yolks, half-and-half, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pot of boiling water and whisk until the mixture thickens into a pale yellow, smooth sauce.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the almonds, and toss with the linguine.
- Garnish with more lemon zest, ground almonds, flat leaf parsley and more ground pepper.