Grilled Pepperjack, Bacon and Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:06
- Estimated Cost $8.00
- 3 Comments
In keeping with the National Grilled Cheese Day theme, here’s a slightly more traditional take on the classic tomato soup accompaniment. I love pepperjack cheese, so that’s what I used here, but an aged white cheddar or a smoked Gouda would also work nicely.
- 4 thick slices of rustic bread $1.50 for a loaf
- 2 generous slices pepperjack cheese $3 for 8 oz.
- 1 small heirloom tomato, sliced $1
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into thirds $1.50 for 1/2 lb.
- freshly-cracked pepper Pantry
- 1 tbsp. butter $1 for a stick
- Layer cheese, tomatoes, bacon and pepper between bread to make 2 sandwiches.
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Cook 2-3 minutes one each side until cheese is melted, and bread is golden-brown.
- Serve hot, cut on the diagonal.