Grilled Peaches with Mozzarella and Basil
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:15
- 21 Comments
This easy summer salad comes together in about 10 minutes and will leave your guests satiated and seriously impressed. Make sure to buy peaches that are on the firm side so they don’t turn to mush on the grill.
- extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 2 medium, firm peaches, pitted and sliced into rings $1.50
- 2 4-oz. balls mozzarella di bufala (fresh mozzarella), sliced into about 12 medallions $3.50
- balsamic vinegar Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 handful fresh basil, sliced thinly $1 for a bunch
Total Cost of Ingredients $6
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush lightly with olive oil.
Grill the peach rings for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until slightly soft with grill marks. Remove from heat.
To assemble the stacks, layer the a piece of mozzarella between 2 slices of peach (or make higher stacks if you like). Repeat with remaining cheese and peaches and arrange on plates or a platter.
Just before serving, drizzle liberally with more olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with salt, pepper and the basil.