Glazed Cinnamon Rolls with Candied Bacon
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:16
- Estimated Cost $9.25
- 1 Comment
I know everyone freaks out about what to do for dinner on Valentines Day, but if you ask me, the day is really all about breakfast.
My mom used to make the most wonderful Valentines Day breakfast for Jeremy and me. She’d cover the breakfast table with candy hearts, hand-written cards and all kinds of chocolate. We’d scurry off to school, already high on sugar, feeling all kinds of loved.
These easy cinnamon rolls are outrageously good. Gooey in all the right places and topped with a generous spoonful of real cream cheese glaze and orgasmically tasty candied bacon. Consider them my breakfast Valentine to you, dear readers. I want you to feel all kinds of loved.
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) room temperature unsalted butter, divided (retain the wrapper) $1.50
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon $1.50 for 1 oz.
- 2/3 cup sugar Pantry
- flour for rolling Pantry
- 1 recipe pizza dough $1.50
- 3 oz. room temperature cream cheese $1.50 for 6 oz.
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar $1.50 for 16 oz.
- a few drops of vanilla optional
- 1/2 recipe Candied Bacon, chopped $1.75
Recipe Serves 8-10
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using the butter wrapper, grease an 9"x11" baking dish and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together 5 tbsp of the butter, the cinnamon and the sugar, until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out into a rectangle that is approximately 13" x 10".
- Use a rubber scraper to spread the butter-sugar mixture all over the surface of the rectangle.
- Pinching as you go, roll the dough up tightly, into an 10" cylinder.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cylinder into 10 1"-thick slices and arrange them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon rolls bake, beat together the remaining 3 tbsp butter, the cream cheese, the powdered sugar and the vanilla (if using), until smooth and creamy. Add a few drops of warm water, if needed, to thin out slightly.
- Just before serving, spoon the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and top each one with a generous portion of the chopped candied bacon.
- Serve immediately.