- Prep Time 0:12
- Estimated Cost $1
- 2 Comments
My roommate, Kristina is under the weather. Coughing, sneezing, pajama pants at 3 PM on a weekday sick. She is not happy about it.
So, I made her a cup of this stuff. It’s magical—I swear by it. Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I make a big pot of it and sip it all day. It’s slightly spicy, thanks to the ginger, and soothing on the throat, thanks to the honey. It’s also delicious (even if you’re not sick), chilled and served over ice.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 2" piece ginger, chopped (no need to peel) $0.50
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (reserve one or two for garnish) $0.50
- honey to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 1
- Combine water, ginger and lemon in a small pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain and pour into a mug. Sweeten with honey to taste.