Garlicky Crostini with Basil Goat Cheese and Asparagus over Dressed Greens
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:08
- Estimated Cost $12.50
- 3 Comments
This summery supper is one-part panzanella, one-part bruschetta, and 100% yummy. If you feel the need to add meat, may I suggest prosciutto.
Remember to buy your pine nuts in the bulk section for the best deal!
- 6-8 long slices sourdough bread $2 for a loaf
- 3 oz. soft goat cheese $4
- 1 clove garlic Pantry
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped $1
- 1 lemon, quartered $0.50
- 4 cups mixed greens $2
- olive oil Pantry
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 3" pieces $2
- 1 tbsp pine nuts $1
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat a grill pan (or grill) over high heat. Lightly drizzle both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the bread is crisp with distinct grill-marks. While the bread grills, also lightly grill the asparagus. Remove both from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together goat cheese, basil, the juice of 1 quarter of a lemon and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut it in half. Rub the garlic halves over both sides of each slice of bread. Spread a thick layer of the basil-goat cheese mixture over each slice of bread.
- Quickly toss the greens with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Divide between 2 plates. Top each mound of greens with a few of the crostini and place a few pieces of asparagus on each crostini. Garnish each plate with pine nuts and the remaining lemon.