Eli's Spicy Roasted Pepper Hummus
- Prep Time 0:08
- 5 Comments
My name is Eli and when I think of hummus, I never think of the “red kind” because I have never had a really good roasted pepper hummus. Today, Gabi and I were out to change that. This hummus will give you a whole new way to think about “red” hummus, with spice and tons of flavor, my hummus is a great appetizer or a tasty snack.
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed $1.50
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 4-oz jar roasted red bell peppers (pimentos), drained $1.50
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed Pantry
- 2 tbsp tahini $3 for a 16 oz. jar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish Pantry
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- Sriracha to taste $2.50 for a 17-oz bottle
Total Cost of Ingredients $9.50
Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper and Sriracha in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
Season with salt, pepper and Sriracha to taste.
Makes about 2 cups of hummus.