Damn, That's Kosher: Pan-Roasted Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and White Wine
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:30
- Estimated Cost $17.99
- 14 Comments
This recipe has become a family favorite over the years. It is quick and simple. It can be made ahead and re-warmed. It is delicious with couscous or rice and a steamed green vegetable. The chicken recipe was adapted from The Classic Italian Cookbook by Marcella Hazan. Knopf, 1982.
- 1 tbsp olive oil Pantry
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled, and crushed Pantry
- 4 chicken pieces, skin on, and rinsed $6
- 3 small sprigs of fresh rosemary $1
- salt and freshly ground pepper Pantry
- 1/4 cup "Rodney Strong"Charlotteʼs Home Sauvignon Blanc (drink the rest with dinner) $10.99
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet or sauteʼ pan over medium-high heat. When it gets hot, but not yet smoking, add the garlic and the chicken, skin side down.
- When it is well browned, on one side, turn pieces over and add the rosemary. When chicken is browned on all sides, add a large pinch of salt, 3 twists of the pepper mill, and the wine. Let the wine bubble rapidly for 2-3 minutes. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Cook the chicken at a simmer for approximately 20 more minutes or until it is done.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to warm serving platter. Remove rosemary from pan, and return pan to high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water, scraping up the remaining bits in the pan and pour over the chicken.