BrokeAss Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito
- Prep Time 0:10
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $11.50
- 21 Comments
I have an ex-boyfriend who counts the breakfast burrito among the best things I ever taught him about (along with Netflix and rooftop sunsets). Breakfast and burritos are basically my 2 favorite things to eat, so combining them into one very portable unit seems natural. If you’re feeling festive, serve with chili-dusted sweet potato home fries.
- 2 medium flour tortillas $3
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten $1.50
- 1 6" chorizo/soyrizo link, crumbled $2
- 2 scallions, sliced $1
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped $1
- 1/4 cup shredded pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese $2
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped $1
- 2 tsp vegetable oil, divided Pantry
Recipe Serves 2
- Heat 1 tsp of the vegetable oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Cook the chorizo crumbles in the pan for 4-5 minutes, stirring to ensure they cook thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the remaining tsp of oil over medium heat. Add the eggs, jalapeno, and scallions. Stir frequently until the eggs are fluffy and scrambled. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the burritos, heat the tortillas briefly, either in a dry frying pan or in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Divide the cheese, eggs, chorizo and cilantro between the 2 tortillas. Roll up and serve.