Blistered Padrón Peppers
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Cook Time 4 minutes
- Estimated Cost $5
- 6 Comments
This super-easy tapas favorite requires almost zero work, and will work for dinner guests with just about every dietary restriction, considering they're low-carb, vegetarian, vegan and sugar-free.
The ony thing to know is that eating them is a little bit like playing Russian Roulette: 99% of the time, Padrón or Shishito peppers are mild, but every now and then you'll get one with a little heat. Not painfuly hot, mind you, but spicy enough to take you by surprise. In short, save this one for after the kids go to bed.
- 1/2 lb Padrón (or Shishito) peppers $5
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- few pinches of kosher salt, coarse sea salt or Maldon sea salt Pantry
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed pan (cast iron works well) over high heat.
- In a bowl, toss the peppers with the olive oil until well-coated.
- Cook the peppers (and any residual oive oil from the bowl) in the hot pan for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, until charred and softened.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with the salt.